MetroRapid connects the best of the ATX, including employers, schools, shops, parks, neighborhoods, apartments, medical centers, movie theaters, government buildings, tourist attractions and so much more. In fact, the two routes, which roughly form an X across the heart of Austin, serves approximately 25 percent of Capital Metro’s service area, along some of the most heavily trafficked routes. The MetroRapid works great for us because it comes so frequently — every 12-15 minutes at peak and every 15-20 minutes at other times — which means you can take groups out on the town and not worry about bringing a schedule.
Here’s our YOU GO GIRL! 803 MetroRapid NORTH Urban Adventure:
Women & Their Work | Open until 6 PM, closed Sundays | Women & Their Work is a visual and performing art organization located in Central Austin that serves as a catalyst for contemporary art created by women living and working in Texas and beyond. For over 37 years, Women & Their Work has brought groundbreaking art to Austin, with exhibitions, performances, and educational workshops.
Kendra Scott | Open until 8 PM | Designer, CEO and philanthropist, Kendra Scott started her company in 2002, with only $500 and just three months after her first son was born. Going door to door at boutiques armed with only a tea box full of her jewelry, Kendra wowed potential customers with her infectious personality and unique eye for design. Today, the company continues to design and operate out of Austin, TX with a focus on Family, Fashion & Philanthropy.
Blue Elephant Boutique | Open until 8 PM | Shop indie and designer apparel, trendy accessories, statement jewelry and collections of handmade apparel in the same space as upscale cosmetics, luxury apothecary brands, and an assortment of playful novelty and gift items. And, while you’re there, you might as well grab a coffee or a quick bite at Central Market Cafe.
Halina European Day Spa | Open until 7 PM, closed Sundays | Halina’s spas are world class establishments, employing only highly trained professionals for massage, facial, body, hair, hand and feet treatments since 1970.
Atown Boutique | Open until 8 PM | Stylish boutique
carrying apparel, jewelry, gifts, home decor, candles and tons of locally made goods. And, if you haven’t shopped yourself silly, walk up Burnet Rd for a variety of new and vintage stores or treat yourself to some Amy’s Ice Creams.
Rock Rose District at The Domain | open until 2 AM | The Domain is a high-density business, retail, and residential center operated by Simon Property Group and Endeavor Real Estate Group, and is located in the high-tech corridor of northwest Austin. The Rock Rose District is gearing up to become Austin’s next nightlife hot spot, with a deluge of restaurants and bars. While you’re up there, we recommend checking out East Side King Thai Kun for some truly outstanding and creative Thai cuisine from celebrity chef Paul Qui or trying on a hat or two for size at Hatbox.
Or, choose your own Urban Adventure! Here’s how:
- Select at least three (3) destinations below
- Plan your trip: www.capmetro.org/planner
- Buy a Day Pass: http://www.capmetro.org/app
- Invite your friends!
Need some inspiration? Here are recommended stops along the 803 MetroRapid NORTH:
- Capitol Station | Texas State Capitol / Texas Chili Parlor
- Museum Station | The Clay Pit / Bob Bullock TX State History Museum / Women & Their Work / Blanton Museum of Art
- UT – West Mall | UT Tower / Caffé Medici / Harry Ransom Center / Cactus Cafe
- UT – Dean Keaton | Madam Mam’s / Hole in the Wall / The Spider House / Kerbey Lane Cafe / Antone’s Record Shop
- Rosedale | Kendra Scott / Blue Elephant Boutique / Paper Place / Central Market North / Uchiko / Houndstooth Coffee
- Sunshine | Maoz Vegetarian / Flying Saucer Draught Emporium / Mandola’s Italian Market / Corepower Yoga / Lauterstein-Conway Massage School
- North Loop | Chi’Lantro / Out of the Past Collectibles / Ginny’s Little Longhorn Saloon / Spring Frost Boutique
- Allandale | Amy’s Ice Creams / The Peached Tortilla / Atown Boutique / Halina’s European Day Spa / Hey Cupcake!
- Justin Lane | Lala’s Little Nugget / Bird’s Barbershop / Yard Bar
- Northcross | Terra Toys / Hopdoddy Burger Bar / Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy / The Goodnight / Alamo Drafthouse
- Ohlen | Common Interest Karaoke Bar & Grill
- Crossroad’s | Trudy’s Northstar / Highland Lanes / Cavender’s Boot City
- Domain | Rock Rose District / East Side King Thai Kun / Tarka Indian Kitchen / Punch Bowl Social / Hatbox